View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 10, 2019 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp31 View Post
He works within the community helping the homeless, he runs a shelter and manages a team of volunteers.

Today was a little bit shocking but we have answers at least. When he entered a shop today we were rushed out and huddled into a blacked out range over and sped away. The guys just turned around to me and said to not worry, its just a safety issue.

It gave me a reason to ask what was going on and what is he involved in. It turns out that the guys are all security services with the local authority. The guy I'm dating was approached by a gang and was threatened at knife point for a situation many years ago.

But what he never told me was he ran for mayor in his local town as he was nominated as community icon and so they were nominated to protect him.
How do you feel about all of this other than finding it "a bit shocking?" To me, it does not sound like a healthy or safe situation for you. If you continue seeing him and it evolves into a serious long-term relationship, it seems unlikely that you could ever have a safe and peaceful life with him.

You may also want to consider other people in your life....family, close friends. If someone trying to target your boyfriend decides to target you one day (not beyond the realm of possibility), they could also target the people you love.

If I were you, I'd end this relationship now.

Last edited by Anonymous44076; Jun 10, 2019 at 12:05 PM..

Hugs from:
Bill3, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky