View Single Post
Iloivar

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Jun 10, 2019 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
"I tend to look at the person's beliefs about violence, regardless of their psychopathic traits. People who tend to glorify violence, to equate violence with power, are more likely to commit violent acts."

Very interesting point.

"a psychopath who glorifies violence is indeed a very dangerous creature"

So why might one psychopath glorify violence while another doesn't see the point...would you say that's for the same reasons as people who don't live with psychopathy?

A higher degree of sadism could also play a role. Having an inherent interest in violence and all.

I think sort of unrelated to your question as im not sure by glorifying violence you're also implying acts of violence. But sadistic psychopaths probably make up most murders caused by a psychopath. Non psychopathic sadists at least have quite a few emotions as well as logic that could deter them from comitting sadistic acts on unwilling victims. While sadistic psychopaths only have logic as a detterence, the risk/reward not being worth it. Yet, a psychopath, while succumbing to the impulse, could carry out acts intelligently, while another not so intelligent one is even more likely to act on their impulse. I'd imagine one would have to be extremely sadistic, given that there are consensual options out there that i assume are probably not enough.

Last edited by Iloivar; Jun 10, 2019 at 03:22 PM..
Iloivar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote