Thread: am i a loser?
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 11, 2019 at 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24 View Post
I am 19 years old and still not have had my first kiss or dated anyone. I had the longest crush on my best friend I met in college this last year, and he treated me so differently than anyone else we knew. Mutual friends would get mad at how close we were. I would sometimes think he liked me but in the same breath we were just friends. I feel kind of lame I still have not dated anyone.

Did anyone else wait a long time to date someone? Is it weird I have never kissed anyone?
No it is NOT weird that you haven't kissed someone. You see, movies and songs present these things very differently from reality. I have a friend who is in her 30s who has never kissed someone or been on a date or had sex with someone. She's successful in her career and has lots of friends. It's just that she hasn't developed that other aspect of her life yet. And she's much older than you. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Each of us is on our own path in life. It's not simple or black-and-white. There's no formula even if social media suggest that. You are on your path and you will make your own way in life. You just need to learn to trust yourself. That is key. Trust me, I'm much older than you and the most important thing I can tell you is that peace and happiness come from within us. We can certainly share our joy with others but they cannot create it for us. So, if you are doing your own thing and following your own path, you are far more likely to reach peace and happiness.

Take a breath. Relax. Take another breath. Your future is bright! One moment at a time. It's not a race. You'll find your way.

(Re: title - no you are not a loser. You're an individual and that is beautiful!)
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Iloivar, winter4me