View Single Post
TheUrOther

Member Since Jun 2017
Default Jun 11, 2019 at 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
I suggest behaving in a way that does not play into other people's reactions or behaviours - whether the source of their own reactions is based on your own regardless of your interpretation of them.
This doesn't even parse into a concept I understand.

Quote:
So, just go out on the assumption then that positive behaviour will result in positive reactions
I absolutely cannot act according to anything except pre-established fact. To do anything else is a moral crime. Anything that is not already proven true must be considered false until it is proven true. If I act according to the false I become the very monster I am accused of being. Acting according to the false justifies every act of abuse I have received.
Possible trigger:

My bullies act on false information. If I also act according to false information, I become no better than them.

Quote:
don't give others the opportunity to respond in a negative manner to you.
People don't need me to "give them the opportunity" - that opportunity always exists and has no connection to me.

Quote:
Besides, how difficult would it be to be positive in the first place.
Again, acting according to the false is a moral crime. There is literally no punishment too severe for those who commit such a crime.

Quote:
I am quite sure if you chose to be positive regardless of the behaviour of those around you theirs will shift accordingly.
I have done this before, and they absolutely did not shift. That is precisely why it is now proven false, and I can no longer act in that manner.

Quote:
Just don't even give them the room or opportunity to think negatively about you.
I cannot control or even influence their thoughts. They actively fight against every attempt I make to influence them. They would suffer any punishment rather that allow me to change their minds.