Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 11, 2019 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by childofchaos831 View Post
Having a hard time. The psych hospital started me on a new medicine (I got out a week ago) and it's causing edema and some weight gain. My pdoc is switching me to a more weight neutral med, mostly because of the edema. But between last appointment and today's, the scale showed a large weight gain. I know some of it is the edema but even the number is messing with my head. I want to go back to purging daily because of it. I haven't purged in over 3 years. The urges are so strong right now though...
I’m so sorry. When I first got on psych meds, I was young, 18 or 19. They put me on Remeron, and I didn’t know any better. That med makes nearly everyone gain weight; vets even use it to stimulate appetite in cats and dogs. In my case, I gained fast because all I did was eat and sleep, but it felt so out of my control. Nearly turned to bulimia but I physically can not make myself throw up except a handful of times.

Edema is awful though. I had it happen once when I changed brands of birth control pill. In just over a week, I was so swollen. Had to stop the pill. And it happened at the end of pregnancy (just the normal amount expected especially when you go pas5 your due date like I did), but that you just pretty much pee out.

Did the doc weigh you or are you weighing yourself between appts. If it’s at the pdoc’s, can you ask to be weighed backwards ? I am assuming your pdoc knows your history with EDs?

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Thanks for this!
childofchaos831