View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2019 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
Hi there.Yeah,it makes sense that you know your husband knows something but he doesn't know he knows.

And I don't think most people even know or understand what DID is to be able to recognize it when it's right in front of them.Even many that have it don't recognize what it is,I had no clue that's what I had.I thought my therapist was a quack when he gave me the diagnosis.I easily accepted the PTSD dx after I researched what it actually was but the DID didn't seem possible to me.

I think I would possibly be able to recognize it in someone now,maybe not though.As I was trying tp say before when we get to know someone we accept(but I think the right word is expect?)them to be who/how they are.When they behave in the same ways when they're mad,sad, frightened,whatever, I think it would be hard to know whether that's just how they are or if it's a disorder.Even if someone goes into a child state at times I think it would be hard to know,like my husband has PTSD and I've seen him in a child state at times,talking like a little kid,but he doesn't have DID.
Yep! Totally agree. It is difficult because we all have "parts." And we all know what "wearing different hats" means and fake it til you make it, etc.

I just had a T session and she said that DID is one of the most "hidden" disorders and difficult to detect and diagnose accurately...that other things have to almost be ruled out first.

I asked her if it will ever be necessary for me to say to my husband, "Hey, I have DID." Maybe not.. I think there are ways I can help him understand some stuff, changes he will notice, etc. But ultimately...this is more about making sense of my inner world(s) and how I have made it this far....and that the next steps of discovery and integration, no matter how long they take, are something that I look forward to...but that I may not announce to the world.

FL47