View Single Post
Loial
El Psy Congroo

Member Since Aug 2014
4,690 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 11, 2019 at 04:26 PM

So things are continuing to go well. As in the daily check in thread I did have some bad anxiety last week but it seems to have been a one off. I brought it up at my appointment and for now it’s just something to keep an eye on.

The sweating is getting to me though. It’s mostly at nights but not always that bad. Still not nice to wake up with a film of sweat on occasion. However, I also seem prone to sweating in some other scenarios: after showers... I think maybe the heat? And recentyl I have been sweating buckets doing cleaning in my flat. Like when hoovering or scrubbing shower.

Is that normal? For heat or exertion to trigger that much sweats while reducing alcohol. Or is something else going on? Hopefully it’ll pass when I’m off alcohol.

As for that. I cut back to the equivalent of roughly 3 cans of beer a day since Saturday. I buy 4 bottles since that way I only have the exact amount in. Thus far it’s gone well. Had some anxiety today but there were extenuating circumstances. Guess we’ll see how tomorrow goes.

I finished them today at 9pm having started at 4pm. A little earlier than usual but I’ve had stuff going on so allowed it. Important thing was I didn’t let stuff get to me and end up drinking more than I should.

I’m not like tempted by more since I finished at 9pm. Won’t be in bed until nearer 11pm. I’m really proud I’m not drinking right until bed time at the moment.

I really hope things keep going this well. I think I’m going to stick at 3 cans a day until my appointment a week on Friday. We’ll see though, my nurse did say sometimes when you get to these levels you can reduce much more quickly and it’s just full abstinence that can be the hurdle. I think alcohol free days will feature soon too before that.

I’m getting quite excited now. I know the journey isn’t over by a long way though even if the end is in sight.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson
Loial is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
Sometimes psychotic