View Single Post
QueenConfusion

Member Since Apr 2019
8 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2019 at 04:39 PM

My experience with my husband knowing about my diagnosis has been very interesting. He actually saw a switch right before his eyes before I received any diagnosis, so he's been on this journey of multiple discovery with me. It's still been tough.

My husband is a social butterfly (opposites attract?) and several people that would come around would say I "looked weird" (those were one of the more rude comments) or I had a different look in my eye. I always hear something similar to "yep, ya damn skippy" response from inside and try not to laugh. In those situations, I'm usually dealing with easily judgmental people so I don't even attempt to hold a long conversation.

In my interactions lately, I've shared similarities with some very close to me AFTER THEY bring up their own stories first. They can understand and relate personally to the PTSD, depression and anxiety. Even adjustment disorder. In my mind I'm just like man you sure do have a lot in common with a multiple. Some of my parts are.......intense......to say the least. It's been tricky even keeping them under wraps. I've had quite a time trying to remember how I'm supposed to handle situations and interactions. I've also been blocked out a couple times.

But I love reading the experiences so thank you everyone for sharing. I recently had to cut loose my T. Too many red flags and our last interaction was not the best. I don't even feel my T was even listening to me. The second to last session, I was talking a bit and I looked up to my T yawning, rubbing her eyes, and sighing deeply. I'm like damn what the hell lady? I already hate therapy, always have. But I'm grateful for these forums. This discovery phase is a bugger. And it's nice to not be alone. Disclosing is tricky, seems safer not to disclose.

Hugs from:
FearLess47

Thanks for this!
FearLess47