View Single Post
Poiuytl

Member Since May 2019
Default Jun 12, 2019 at 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelle1 View Post
I did contact a female psychologist a few days ago that seems to have decent experience with attachment issues. (At least she wrote a publication about it). I honestly wrote to her I have intense attachment problems with male figures in an authoritarian position and feel I am in need of therapy, since the outcome of these attachment problems has been invasive. Perhaps I should not have stated this? But I want to be honest, to be sure I will find a therapist who knows how to work with this. In the past when I searched for a therapist and told about the problems I was dealing with, I was told they did not have experience with these kinds of things :-(. I live in a smaller country, not sure if that is the issue also. But I also had a bit of a feeling that these are problems they do not wish to work with.
I think to candidly state your problem cannot be a mistake in your situation. Also, in regards to what I wrote earlier - do you see a possibility to strictly disconnect transference from sexual realization? Because it is totally obvious, even to you, that, with sex, constructive ways of dealing with transference are obstructed. I mean - and this might sound a bit simple-minded, can you imagine using will power to simply avoid sex where sex would be deemed inappropriate?
Poiuytl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote