View Single Post
nottrustin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
375 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 12, 2019 at 09:55 AM

Part of why I see Emdr T is because of my abandonment/ inability to trust people. I tend to question the authenticity of what they say

Last night (and in other situations) she made sure to clarify what she meant. For the best few months I have been asked to be a part of a committee at my church. It is something I have done in the past and enjoy as well as benefit greatly from. The problem is the meeting are the same night as my therapy appointments and 1 hour after. I travel an hour to and from appointments with her. We discussed how to make it work. She presented the option of me taking a break for the 3 months. She quickly said that is not what she wants but it is an appropriate option that she would support. She also said that she knows that for some people it could be interpreted as her not wanting to see them or needing a break. There was another similar conversation a bit later. Both times I told her I didnt interpret it that way. In reality though, during my appointments I understand and dont question these things but then I go home and start to question everything. Just her making that statement made a huge difference.

I can also talk to her about anything. Even when I bring up difficult topics she really tries to make me comfortable.i truly feel nothing is taboo for her. I may be uncomfortable but it us because of my issues

She is flexible. When other things conflict not with my actual appoint time but travel tune she us very open to doing Skype type (not actually Skype but HIPAA compliant).

She apologizes if she makes a mistake.

She accepts me for who I am.

She seems to know just how far to poke and prod.and when to back off

Last edited by nottrustin; Jun 12, 2019 at 11:24 AM..
nottrustin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
coolibrarian

Thanks for this!
coolibrarian, HowDoYouFeelMeow?, SalingerEsme