View Single Post
Riseupfromtheruins

Member Since Jun 2019
Default Jun 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandConfused254 View Post
I was on top of a mountain, now I'm in the deepest possible valley. Feeling nothing but resentment after an argument with my parents on a recent trip, and now the only person that I ever had feelings for is getting married. The latter I just found out about today. This on top of rejection from people who I previously thought were close and were like-minded, but left me as soon as I started to have problems and made mistakes.

So apparently I'm unlovable and not worthy of any human contact.
Dear D&C,
It's normal to lose heart when things go bad... as in arguments, resentment and rejection.... We tend to get lost in extreme reactions when we experience emotional pain.... as your last line indicates; "So apparently I'm unlovable and not worthy of any human contact..." Just be careful not to fall into the trap of falling for that.... as tempting as it may feel.... Beleiving in not being worthy gives us the justification to close our hearts in anger and this anger becomes a compensatory comfort to get us through the hardship... Instead, it is far healthier to accept and feel the loss cleanly and courageously without losing sight of being a worthy and lovable human being....
Riseupfromtheruins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
DazedandConfused254

Thanks for this!
DazedandConfused254