View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 12, 2019 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincowboy View Post
Thank you all for your kind comments and advice! I feel like such a weight has been lifted from my shoulders knowing that I'm not alone.

I was trying so hard to help support and look after her mental health that I never realized that it is her own responsibility to make a change in her own life.

Thank you all for helping open my eyes to the reality of my situation and giving me the encouragement I needed to finally stand up for myself.

I wish you all the best and blessings to you all!
A weight lifted off your shoulders! Marvelous! That's why we're all here on PC...to help each other out. I also just want to mention that my advice to cut ties with her is coming from someone who lives with depression (lifelong) and I do have SI from time to time. I think it's helpful to mention that to you in order to reinforce that most people with depression (or even SI) would never use it as some sort of threat or bargaining tool. If your friend flips out, feel free to say, "Well I just met a woman with lifelong depression who said you need to get some help for yourself and take responsibility for your own mental health."

I realize you probably wouldn't say that but you see my point. I hope this will be the beginning of a new and enjoyable chapter in your life. You deserve to enjoy your life. Friendships should enhance our quality of life; not diminish it. Very best wishes to you CaptainCowboy
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
captaincowboy

Thanks for this!
captaincowboy