View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 12, 2019 at 12:53 PM

I have abused animals in several ways as a child and I still remember feeling much remorse over their deaths but from the things I have done I don't think I get the full gravity of it.

Why did you abuse animals? How often, what kind of animals, and in what way? What did you get out of it? Did you continue abusing animals after feeling remorse over it?

There's a lot to unpack here.

Like I almost have a block up. It's not that I don't feel anything. It's that I find everything to be trivial.

I took a stroll through some of your older posts, and I'm not getting the impression that you feel nothing. In particular, you recounted a story where you had an argument with a neighbor, after which you became physically ill. That's a side effect of high levels of anxiety.

I don't think it's the case that you have no emotions, but rather that you're denying them.

It made me feel evil. It made me start to question myself. This has made me question my moral standing.

Why did you begin to feel evil? Supposing you were evil, would that bother you?

But at the end of the day, I believe that I have destroyed pieces of myself with my actions and I am now just realizing that.

Trauma can stunt our emotional expression, sure. And in extreme cases, it can result in thought patterns and behavior which mimic psychopathy, something the shrinks refer to as "secondary psychopathy." I'm not convinced that you're one of those cases, though.

Do any of you feel this way? Like you made yourself emotionless.

No. I was born this way.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Iloivar