Grand Member

Member Since Jul 2011
214 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 12, 2019 at 01:26 PM

Rose 76,

I see parallels too.

I don't remember any withdrawal going off imipramine. It was in 1994, so I've just plain forgotten. I had just moved back home, and my new Pdoc was very enthusiastic about the new SSRI'S. I saw him every 2 weeks, and he changed my SSRI'S every appointment. I felt like a lab rat being experimented on. I actually was his experiment. I was depressed because of having to move, and leaving all my friends and a really good job behind, but the pills didn't do much. I missed the imipramine because the hypomania felt so good. I was on SSRI'S until 2017, with disastrous results. I could not hold a job and in 2013 I went on disability.

I also feel that Pdocs prescribe according to your mood when you see them, and how they feel about you. My current Pdoc seems to think I'm a helpless old lady. He only treats geriatric patients over 60 tears old. I'm 65. I was hypomanic in July 2017, and my Pdoc put me on Seroquel 300 XRT, plus 100 mg of regular Seroquel at bedtime. What followed was 20 months of feeling nothing. I believe the dose was too high, and it made me feel like a zombie. In April he put me on Abilify but I had to stop due to hypomania and compulsive behaviour like online shopping. Now he's trying Risperdal, and once again I feel like a Guinea pig or lab rat. Hope the Risperdal works. There's no magic formula for pills to make you better. It's trial and error. There are only a few mood stabilizers and atypical antipsychotics in use for BP, and they all have lots of side effects.

A diagnosis of bipolar means you have had at least 1 manic or hypomanic episode that lasts at least 7 days. Most people don't report mania because it can feel so good, unless psychosis puts you in the hospital. Hypomania doesn't have psychosis. I just thought I was extra happy and productive. Depression is a given, which is why I was not diagnosed with BP2 until I was 59.

Now when I have an appointment and I'm feeling bad, I take my boyfriend with me to see my Pdoc. He knows my moods better than I do and he's not afraid of arguing with the Pdoc. I am, most of the time. When I'm not hypomanic I'm quite timid.

Clonazepam (Klonopin) 1.5 mg
Buspar 5 mg
Lamictal 200 mg

Coversyl Plus for high blood pressure
Crestor for high cholesterol
Asmanex
Ventolin

Phoenix_1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76