View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Jun 12, 2019 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am a big time contradiction.

I am very social and have ton of friends and am involved in all kind of social activities plus it would be hard to be in my line of work if I wasn’t social/outgoing person BUT at the same time I am very private. As many noticed I almost never create my own threads. I don’t feel a big need to share. People often don’t know much about me unless we are talking about few very close friends.

Yes there are things I don’t share. Like grief. Etc I rarely reach for support. I am quite stoic in life and I don’t like to mop but it doesn’t mean I don’t suffer when I have pain, I just don’t share much. Some of it is cultural. Showing vulnerability is not coming natural. Being tough comes natural. But sometimes I have breakthroughs and open up more and it’s good. Then I go back to my normal self
Aha! That's it! My family is quite stoic! I think it trickled down to me as well! My sister is beyond stoic. She doesn't share much of anything and just deals on her own. I guess we all have our our way of dealing with things, especially when it comes to grief and/or more private matters.

I am definitely a walking contradiction in many ways, lol.

Thanks for your post! It opened my eyes a bit.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky