View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Go to one of those Metaphysical shops I mentioned earlier. Have a look about the place paying careful attention to objects and books. What comforts you? What do you find distasteful? What seems attractive? There is a wealth to seek out at such places and the books, cards, and other materials are 'friendly' to a number of practices. For example, a deeply Christian person might be attracted to terms and titles regarding angels rather than Spirit guides and that sort of thing. A woman embarking on something more feminine than traditional patriarchal thinking might find the use of the term goddess more comforting and appealing. And likewise there would be people like wiccans totally comfortable with pentacles, spirits, witches, etc. There are a great deal of similarities amongst all this but many modes of terminology and practise. I started to read cards using a standard 52 card playing deck. I find a softer labeling approach more comfortable for myself. I tend to be drawn to the more simple earth friendly approach to spirituality - including both Shamanism and the occasional women's spirituality book or item.

After discovering what you are comfortable with, what is palatable and in line with the spiritual and religious practices you already have then immerse yourself and learn. Eventually you will come around to the gifts of Creativity, Teaching, and/or the psychic you have to share. You might want to explore just how you wish to share these things. Cards? Palms? Tea leaves? Intuition, etc. There are so many ways you can have to explore and use your psychic nature.

Again, I think you are fortunate. Used wisely this can be an incredibly enriching gift to have. Enjoy your adventure of discovery.

By the way, I am guessing you are an incredibly empathetic person. The two 'gifts' often occur hand in hand.