View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
I don't see this as a situation where your T was unwilling to disclose "a random thing." He disclosed the answer to the precise question you asked but did not volunteer additional information that was not asked. In the T world and in other kinds of communication, it is considered healthy and respectful to not put information on someone that they don't need or want to know. Your interpretation of this is he is holding some kind of invisible and unarticulated boundary, so you chose not to ask any additional questions. And you go further and over-interpret that as something about you and what he was thinking.

It seems like a situation where you blamed him for not giving you what you wanted to know, when you were too afraid to ask. Sometimes what people give back to you is a function of you and how you communicate, not about them or their weird thoughts about you. I'd encourage you to check your perception out with him and see if it really was a situation where he would not have answered the question, if you'd posed it.
LT did pose the question, but he gave a vague answer. How else might LT have asked what pets he has? "Will you tell me precisely what type of pets you have and how many of each animal you have from each category of pet? I would also find it superficially interesting if you told me their names". I don't think this is how most neurotypical people make conversation (I am assuming you are neurotypical, LT, apologies if I am getting that wrong).
comrademoomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
blackocean, circlesincircles, Echos Myron redux, Forgetmenot07, HowDoYouFeelMeow?, koru_kiwi, LonesomeTonight, Omers, SalingerEsme