Thread: Empathy
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 13, 2019 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
This scares me. Does it not you?
Which part? Psychopaths working in healthcare? perhaps we are defining the term differently. Not all psychopaths commit criminal acts or violent acts. I'm sure some of these folks have been my provider at one time or another. I had a colleague who I'm 90% sure was a psychopath but I never asked her about it. Does it scare me? Not really. The world has all sorts of different people in it. Not my role or desire to control it. I just control me. If I need to draw a line with someone, I will. I've had unpleasant appointments with > 1 doc so I just didn't see them again. You've heard the recordings on the news, right? People are starting to record their docs during their surgeries etc. Surprise, surprise...people cutting other people open all day while they're knocked out aren't always saying terribly empathetic things.

I might wonder if a person could safely cut into human brains or hearts all day for years if they actually had a significant level of empathy? Wouldn't they be too freaked out by the responsibility or in despair after a certain # die on the table?? Perhaps we need or benefit from some intelligent psychopaths in society?

Last edited by Anonymous44076; Jun 13, 2019 at 05:39 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote