Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2019 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erti View Post
They say I'm a lazy slob... I'm undeserving of everything good. I should die. I don't deserve anything good. I deserve all the bad. I deserve everything bad. I"m an ungrateful *****. My stepdad is right to slam the cabinets and scream dammit and run upstairs because I can't wait to wash off my strawberries in the sink he was putting away dishes when I did it. He works all day and I'm always home on my ***. I'm a *****. I'm a stupid *****. They wont stop. I just want to be happy. I just want them to go away. Please go away. PLease. I can't take it. I can't take much more of this. I'm trying to calm down but I can't.

These sound a lot like negative automatic thoughts....have you ever had cbt? It can help with stuff like that. You learn to rephrase the negative thought into something more realistic like...sometimes I am lazy but most of the time I’m doing the best I can. I deserve good things like everyone else. I should live...etc. eventually you just start thinking that way instead of the negative thoughts or at least 90% anyway. I tend to think hey I’m doing ok but I could do better instead of I suck ya know. Some of the intensity is lost when you stop automatically believing there is truth to the voices....they lie and that’s a fact.

Thanks for this!
ofthevalley