Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2019 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erti View Post
I'm not quite sure what kind of therapy I get from my therapist. We're currently working on goals and such. Like going back to school when I'm ready and hygiene. I can't help what the voices say to me. I hear it 24/7 and nothing gets rid of them. I try not to believe but it's hard. I try to stay calm. Everything is so overbearing.

Like I said I'm working on it with my therapist. We have a tendency to switch topics a lot and not stay on one thing. She has me confused. I miss my old therapist. She at least stayed on topic and not switched so quickly and didn't quit on a certain topic because it's too difficult.
It can be really tough when you have the voices constantly, I was lucky enough that meds reduced then eliminated them. I’m sorry that the meds aren’t working for you. Sometimes people talk back to the voices and it helps. Like if they say you’re bad you say no actually I’m a very good person etc. Often the negative voices are more like a broken record than a conversation though so they can be hard to talk to.