View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Jun 13, 2019 at 06:51 PM

And my anxiety is so bad I'm having a lot of panic attacks. I saw my doctor today but she wouldn't prescribe me any anti-anxiety meds. I don't know why. But that's the way it is. She did tell me she'd have their social worker call me tomorrow with low income housing options aka shelters. But I already put my name on the waiting lists for the only women shelters that there are in my cities (none exist in the suburbs).

No one responded to my post on Facebook asking local Facebook friends if they'd let me crash in their spare room (or on a couch). So, that's pretty telling. Not even my family members. My sister just called me and told me she'd let me sleep in my car in her driveway, but not insider her house b/c she has "boundaries" and doesn't want to disrupt her children's lives with me sleeping in her basement. Again, I don't know why sleeping in her basement would disrupt her family in a bad way, but that's her call so I'm stuck.

My mother's lease for her 55+ bldg. ends in 2 weeks so I'm pretty scared. Also, I have asked my grad instructor for an extension to finish the assignments, and told her that I'm going to be homeless in two weeks so that she knows the whole story. My program director is a **** because he wouldn't help me.

He said it's up to the instructor to grant course extensions. There isn't any other administrators I could go to, unless you count the university president and that would be ridiculous.

I have bad credit, no job, and those two things are what prevents me from getting a place to rent. So, I am scared I will have to drive around and find places to sleep in my car. How would I be able to focus on finishing my grad school course when I'm worried about where I will have to drive to sleep? I can drive to hospitals and Walmarts bc they are open 24/7 but I have to figure out how to protect myself too, if I can't find a roommate situation in the next 2 weeks.

Just all boils down to bad timing. I was living with my mom taking care of her, not working, and then she had a stroke and her dementia got so bad we had her moved to a memory care place, before I could find a full-time job. It just really disrupted my life.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous56790, Bill3, cptsdwhoa, happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky, rechu, TunedOut, winter4me

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky