View Single Post
cashart10
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2013
3,076 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2019 at 10:15 PM

When I was into my second psychotic break (years after my first), I became extremely hyper religious. It scared my husband to death because I was doing really bizarre things. At first, he didn’t recognize it as insanity because he had only ever known a very together, very typical woman. He actually asked me once, after I told him that God was talking to me, what it was like. He didn’t (unfortunately for my mental health) express his concern because he was dumbfounded.

I was on a family vacation in Fl and went for a walk alone, in the evening, dressed in regular clothes, and with a red flag posted signifying very dangerous currents. I got into the ocean because “the Holy Spirit told me to”. It was SO much fun and the currents were so strong they ripped my flip flops off my feet. When I got back to the condo, soaking wet and gleaming, my mom begged me to renounce what had happened as dangerous and not of the Holy Spirit. I was concurrently not sleeping and behaving way out of character right in front of her eyes. Even then though, she did not tell me to seek help again. She was in such denial that it was like she had forgotten an entire clump of my life. She’s hyper vigilant now though. If even I’m talking too quickly she starts pounding my husband and me with questions.

Another time I sent my best friend a text in the middle of the night warning her that her salvation was in question because of her professing Catholicism. She sat on it until the next morning when she told my mom she thought I was manic. I lost my job because of my mania within just a couple of days of this.

Those are a few examples that came to mind.

Every finger in the room is pointing at me
I want to spit in their faces then I get afraid of what that could bring
I got a bowling ball in my stomach I got a desert in my mouth
Figures that my courage would choose to sell out now

Tori Amos ~ Crucify

Dx: Schizoaffective Disorder
cashart10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, fern46