View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2019 at 07:47 AM

I also agree with most of what Anne said above. In addition to those observations, what came to my mind is another theme that is somewhat recurring in your stories: on the one hand wanting to know exact rules and behaving properly (out of fear of rejection), on the other hand a tendency to push those limitations (at least a wish). I think you have pointed out yourself that it might relate to your upbringing and relationship with your mom. Of course an inquiry about pets is a very mild example but perhaps a meaningful example. I actually have the impression, based on your posts, that you practice that art of not being intrusive (so respectful) but sometimes challenging (taking risks) quite well, maybe the only thing is that it gives you discomfort at times and a form of ambivalence. Thus, perhaps a question I would ask myself is why communication tend to bring out such discomfort and unsatisfied feelings? But I actually think it is pretty normal and everyone experiences them in some forms - would a more profound awareness of its normalcy help you accept it? I certainly don't have the impression on this forum that you are not a good communicator and I know that part of the reason I like to respond on your threads is because I feel you have a quite pleasant balance between providing a lot of "meat" about your therapy and an ability to handle people's responses very respectfully, without overreactions and extremes. I would be quite surprised if your T did not enjoy interacting with you, in part, for the same reasons. But maybe next time just go ahead and ask what exactly you want to know - I don't think there are any real risks with that in your therapy.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, susannahsays, unaluna