View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Question Jun 14, 2019 at 10:37 AM

T and I have been working together about 6 months and he is pretty damn awesome. Before our first session I hesitantly sent him a copy of the psych evaluation that Dx’d me as having aspbergers (which would now be high functioning autism or autism NOS). I was scared that T would not work with me because of the autism as he does not list and similar disorders in his professional bio. He did mention the autism Dx the first session, mostly to gauge how I felt about the assessment and the Dx. He said that I appeared very high functioning and then moved on and nothing more has been said about it.
Assessment T was awesome, it was a very positive experience for me. I felt seen and understood and she was able to provide me with a lot of feedback that made my life a lot better once I returned home. She is very well respected and has a lot of experience with differential Dx with autism and other things. We spent a lot of time discussing and clarifying my childhood to make sure the symptoms were not an expression of the abuse/neglect.
T has not said anything outright and I will bring it up with him when it is appropriate. I think he is either doubting the autism Dx or is hopeful that his style of work may be able to “treat” the autsim successfully even though Assessment T stated clearly that his style of therapy would not be productive. I know he would be very reluctant to come out and challenge Assessment T as it would be unprofessional and he knows I think highly of her. As helpful and accurate as I have thought the autism Dx to be I am starting to wonder if T might be onto something. I am extremely well versed in autism (I have spoken on it and trained people on it on both a local and national level).
I will be honest, I am not sure what I am looking for with the post except to bat the idea around a bit before bringing it up with T.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127