WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Thank you for posting this. For me, I don't mind that, even if it's delusion or whatever, that someone is receiving validation, but my concern is when the person is expressing severe hostility toward and even the possibility to do harm to others or themselves. Or I think, as perhaps you were alluding, putting themselves in the way of harm due to the delusion or psychosis or detachment from reality.

I would like to know what the guidelines are and what the site does in response to such individuals.
Seesaw, you have raised a very good point. I can think of several individuals who are or have spouted off some very alarming threads about harming other people or otherwise espousing violence. There was a fellow not that long ago obviously an incel and his posts went on for far too long without anything done about them. This sort of thing ought to have been shut down immediately. There are others that have spouted off some pretty extreme and hurtful thinking. Why are such things tolerated; yet those pointing out the inappropriate nature of the threads and forum behaviours are the ones chastised and shut down?

I realise one needs to tread carefully in such matters. I repeat, however, that validating pats on the back are not the answer. We absolutely should never then encourage the individual other than to urge them to get help. I don't think it a great effort for a thread to be closed - with full explanation of course - and the OP reached out to.

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, unaluna