Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingerEsme View Post
I came to my T with a DX of OCD from a psychiatrist. After a year, my T told me I don't have OCD, and changed my code to PTSD- Complex. I think diagnostics really are some science but a good deal of art, especially when whole spectrums exist. If the both respect you as an individual, which it seems like both truly do, then it might not matter too much if they disagree?
Yes, they both respect me a lot and I would dare say care a great deal for me (the diagnosing T has stayed in limited contact since the Dx several years ago).

The biggest difference it makes is that there are ways you can learn to manage a developmental disability better but there is no “cure”. If what I think T’s hunch is correct then I would actually be able to find healing, which for me, at this point in my life, would be very exciting. I spend SO much time and energy managing mental health symptoms that if therapy could “fix” the underlying cause I would have a lot more freedom and energy for other things... but I don’t want to get my hopes up yet.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127