NP_Complete
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2017
6,392 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2019 at 03:11 PM

Also in session yesterday...

He brought his dog. Coincidentally, on Wednesday I had asked him how much money he wanted to bring his dog with him again. He said he brought her because he was leaving to go out of town for work straight from his office, not because I asked him to. Anyway, I ended up telling him that I had been wanting to ask him to bring her again for a long time and the reason was because I wanted to be able to touch something that's not inanimate. This eventually led to the conversation about me sitting further away than others do. But before we went down that path, he made a comment about not usually being able to get the need for touch met in therapy. I felt a little stab of pain when he said that. First, I've never asked him to touch me in any way and I doubt I would. I have felt the desire for him to touch my hand or hug me before though. I'm not sure how I'd feel if any of that actually happened, but I still have the desire for it. It felt like he was preemptively shutting me down when he said that. I don't know how to feel about that.

Also, once we talked about how I wanted him to sit closer, he said he would roll his chair over, but the dog was in the way. So I got to pet the dog, but I didn't get to sit closer to him. That made me kind of sad too. Couldn't he just move the dog for a minute to move the chair?

Hugs from:
atisketatasket, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, UnderRugSwept, WarmFuzzySocks