View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 14, 2019 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgsd89 View Post
My job involves being armed
Possible trigger:
I start getting very anxious when I have the thoughts because I truly don’t want to die. I’ve never been diagnosed with any mental health issues. I think this started about a year ago and comes and goes. Any incite to the cause would be appreciated. Closest I can compare the feeling to is the urge to jump off a high place but not actually wanting to do it.
Great question! I'm no expert but it sounds like a manifestation of anxiety. I get such thoughts....I am diagnosed with depression and anxiety but I notice I often get those sorts of thoughts either out of nowhere or when I'm very stressed and have no intention of harming myself. You could certainly talk it over with a therapist but I think it's very important to remember that thoughts are just thoughts. Very different from behaviors or attempts. You may also like to try guided meditation for letting go of unpleasant thoughts etc. See YouTube.

Do you have a safe friend you can tell? Sometimes when I tell my other half an odd thought in my mind, it's much easier to let go of it.

Peace to you
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky