Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 15, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashart10 View Post
So, we’re leaving for our family vacation in just over 2 weeks. I am giddy with excitement (the ocean is my favorite place and we haven’t gone in 7 years) and staying busy looking for the best restaurants and things to do. I can almost feel myself losing control but I’m not sure if it is simply my excitement mimicking the beginning of an episode. Anyone have any experiences or words of wisdom? At what point do I give my pdoc a call?

Typically our vacations are just to Florida to see our kids.. about 3 times a year. I grew up 5 mins from beaches so I have zero interest in that.

A couple months ago my husband really surprised me with a trip to Savannah, I have been talking about for at least 5 years. I had gone twice back in my 20’s and just fell in love with the city....but I knew he would love the history and architecture.

I was just so excited I felt a bit Hypo. It never crossed into Mania.

I think being excited about a trip and especially to the ocean that you feel so connected too is just a normal response Bipolar or not.

Enjoy every minute of your trip. I will say that when you get back home do keep a watch on your mood, as it can be a bit depressing just getting back to often boring routines. I had some post vacation blues after my trip. I don’t feel that way after Florida trips tho I’m very happy to get back home to my small town instead of dealing with overpopulated rude people in the huge city.

Just read the bit about feeling so drawn to that woman and sleep falling off. Are you able to make some adjustments with self care to find some more balance? Increase your sleep hygiene, doing some tough cardio can certainly help burn off some excess energy. Engage with more sex with your husband to wear yourself down to lol

Just really take a good look at your emotions right now. You want to have a great time so now is time to work hard so it won’t possibly ruin your vacation.

Hugs from:
bizi