View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jun 15, 2019 at 08:24 AM

For weeks now I have been having intermittent nausea. But I never throw up. I went to the doctor and had a whole bunch of blood tests and all was 100% normal. The doc examined my stomach area for a hernia or any abnormalities and didn't feel any.

The doc said if it kept happening we could do some tests like barium swallow or endoscopy. But I can't bring myself to do that - just yet. In my life I have had a zillion tests that never turn out to be anything. I did just have a barium test in 2010 and all was well.

I have narrowed it down to being sick mostly during the night. I tend to wake up at 1 am feeling ill or wake up in the morning feeling ill. And no I am not pregnant. I also feel that the nausea is 100% not related to what I eat.

My best guess is that it is related to gas in the stomach. That I am taking in a lot of air while sleeping during the night and that causes the stomach to feel full.

I feel
1. In the last few months I have gained about 10 lbs. I have been eating a lot. It seems like that 10 lbs was added on top of my stomach so it does feel like a rock on it.

2. I have been trying to increase my metabolism and in fact did increase my heart rate. Usually heart rate and respiration do go together so it is possible that I am taking in more air via the mouth during the night.

3. I feel like from 2006 until now I have been on a diet at least once per year. This tended to keep my stomach shrunk and my heart rate on the lower side.

4. Historically I have had stomach issues etc. ONLY when I am eating a lot and when I reduced my calories pretty much any stomach issues stop.

But one thing that also confuses me is that I am insanely tired. I can hardly make it to work all day. I get home at 8 PM and go right to bed. My theory on that is that the stress from feeling nauseous a lot is causing me to be tired.

Has anyone else had anything like this?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous49426