View Single Post
ChickenNoodleSoup
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2017
1,305 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 15, 2019 at 08:24 AM

Idealizing to me means that you're not seeing any of the flaws a person has. Not idealizing them doesn't necessarily lead to being angry with them, frustrated and so on, but it can.

As an example: I know my T is sometimes wrong about things. Sometimes he says things that are either old-fashioned, he isn't informed about something correctly. Sometimes he forgets stuff I tell him.

In phases where I idealize him, I don't really remember that. I'll take each and every of his words and they are the truth. I'll think that he'll never, ever forget about this minor detail that I told him 3 years ago.

In those situations I might get angry when he does forget something, but usually it just reminds me that I kind of idealize him and that he's just human. I've rarely ever been angry with him, but I'm pretty sure I idealize him most of the time.

So to answer your question: are there any flaws that L has which you acknowledge, know about, accept? If so, you're probably not idealizing her (at the moment). If you can't think of a single flaw, I'm kind of inclined to say that you're probably idealizing her, based on the fact that most humans have lots of flaws.
ChickenNoodleSoup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel