View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jun 15, 2019 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
Also -- how in the world have you managed to increase your metabolism? I've been trying to do that for awhile now as the pounds creep up on me, but without much success.
Previously my metabolism was suppressed from years of dieting almost all the time and a liquid diet in 2012. So it was just a matter of eating more consistently for a long period of time. Of course, if you eat too much you will gain, which I did. Drat. But my BMR is registering higher than ever (and I had it tested).

Thanks for your thoughts, perhaps it is menopause but why is it just coming up now? When all the hormonal changes in the past 10 years have done nothing? I have been eating ice cream but not ever day... for the past week I just tried to eat mostly bread to keep the stomach from having issues.

Today I went out and bought "gas-x" I remember back in 2006 when I would try to diet i would always need to take gas-x as the gas would build up when I would cut calories.. but I never needed that after I had been on a diet rather consistently in 2006 to 2018... eventually the body would adjust. I actually think your stomach shrinks after about 3 weeks of reducing calories and this causes less action (churning) in the stomach?

I also bought some ginger tea and probiotics.

tx.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mopey

Thanks for this!
Mopey