View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 15, 2019 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
I would personally choose zero support rather than inauthentic efforts. It would not be comforting if I didn't feel that the other person truly cared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
No I am not interested in inauthentic comfort.
Well, damn...

Anyway, my dilemma is this - My mom called me yesterday about 30 minutes before I had to leave for work to tell me that my cousins' father had recently passed away. Like 2 hours prior "recently." Even though I had only met their dad a few times (he divorced and moved to a different state), they were still pretty close to him, especially during the last few years when he was in poor health. And since my cousins and I had been really close growing up, Mom asked me to call and console them.

This isn't the only incident either. In just the past few months, I've been on the receiving end of someone seeking emotional support for various reasons: break-ups, family deaths, cheating spouses, existential crises, etc. Why does everyone always come to me?

For those of you who haven't read my previous threads, I'm working on being more honest with others, but that's kind of difficult when people come looking for emotional support, and I have no idea how to handle their emotions. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be a **** to people. It isn't like I'm mocking them behind their back while they're crying their eyes out on my shoulder or anything. I just don't really know what they want or how to give it to them.

Other than to fake emotions, which y'all don't seem to want, so... What do I do?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky