View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jun 15, 2019 at 07:46 PM

When I first read your post, I didn't think there was anything substantive I could contribute. But coming back, as a result of your "mention", something did occur to me. I think I have, perhaps, mentioned in a previous reply to one of your posts that in my life I have been both abused & the abuser. I was terrorized for 4 years throughout high school by a gang of older boys. Everyone knew what was going on including my parents. But nobody cared. It would, perhaps, be too strong to say this in-&-of-itself destroyed my life. But it certainly didn't help.

A few years ago I happened on a YouTube video by the former Assistant Secretary of Education Kevin Jennings. It was & still remains, for me, one of the most powerful statements regarding bullying I have ever heard. Here's a link to that video:

YouTube

You asked about an "angle". From my perspective, I think the most powerful thing you can do is to write as well as speak from the heart about your experiences. That is what makes Mr. Jenning's talk so overwhelmingly powerful. He spoke from the heart of his experiences.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, Iloivar