View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 15, 2019 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisabel View Post
Here’s an example of the lopsided, pushover stuff I do.

... a “friend” who doesn’t work outside the home would only make time to talk with me in the morning while I was heading into work.... Or she would talk in the evening when I needed to get ready for bed because I get up early for work....

...She never, ever had time to talk on the weekends. Never. Which is the only time I have because I work all week. One time I called her on a Saturday in tears over a sad event... I called a few times and she was sending my calls to voice mail. So I texted her and told her I was hurt that she wasn’t there when I needed her... yet I made a lot of time for her.

...She said she had been busy washing her car...And that friendships aren’t about keeping tabs on who is there for the other the most.

She’s right about that. Friendships aren’t about keeping tabs. But guess what happened when I stopped accommodating her calls all during my work week... she didn’t want to bother with me anymore.

I was an idiot. Never again. No more friendships like that ever again. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I’ve mad at myself over stupid stuff like that lately. Maybe we have to get angry at ourselves to finally stop doing these things.
Anger is healthy, yes. It's a guide...listen to it. I have family members (far away) who only contact me when the time difference suits them....never mind if I'm in the middle of my day. Now I've just stopped responding. (Time difference not our only problem....abuse) Doesn't feel great but I'm working on putting myself first. I recommend that you do the same. That wasn't a good friend but more of a patient really. She wanted you to be her unpaid doctor or therapist. Been there.

I am so sorry you've had these experiences. You are NOT an idiot. Trust me!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TunedOut