View Single Post
MickeyCheeky
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2016
38.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 16, 2019 at 04:21 AM

I understand what you mean! You certainly can't "force" emotions that you're not truly feeling so I think it's unfair of others to expect that reaction out of you! Are the others aware of this fact? I guess they aren't otherwise it may be less difficult to you! Either way, I'd suggest to just "be yourself" when you talk to them like the other wise, wonderful posters have already wisely sad better than I ever could! Try to listen to them, offer any advice that you can, and if they complain about your lack of emotions, perhaps in that case it may be best to just be honest with them and tell them that you're not really able to show emotions but that doesn't mean that you don't care! I'm not sure if that may work for you, but perhaps it's worth giving it a try. Also just because we in this thread are not really fond of inauthentic comfort that doesn't mean that everyone will think the same! Perhaps some people do prefer that to having no reaction. Of course you know your own family much better than we do so that's up to you! Let us know how it goes! Sending many safe, warm hugs to you, theoretical!
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote