Thread: tired of living
View Single Post
Anonymous41120

Default Jun 16, 2019 at 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfrog View Post
What prevents you from getting hired, @happycheeks?

Lack of jobs in your area? ... Lack of skill sets?

If it's the latter, is there an agency that can help you get the skills you need?

Also, don't be afraid to take a job with lesser responsibility while working on your issues.

I went from an 18 year office career to working third shift at a convenience store.

It was a bummer to take such a huge step back, but at the same time it freed up my days so I could focus on my recovery process.

It ended up being exactly what I needed at the time, and helped me to get back to a healthier space so I could take on a job that pays better and has benefits.

Also, when money got tight and insurance wasn't available, I went through a government agency for low to no cost medical services.

Just trying to help give you some ideas to explore because whenever I find myself down in that dark miasma of hopelessness and despair , I often can't see what possibilities are available to me, and that's when those thoughts of suicide and self-harm return - which makes it even harder!

There's jobs in my area and I think I have enough qualifications and skills to get a job. I work as a cleaner during the morning and I'm focusing on getting a full time job or an evening job. Now my job is talking about reducing people because of money I suppose. I have a 1-1 meeting with them on wednesday and I want to say I want to work full time. Other jobs are paying £8.50 an hr or whatever, my job is only paying £7 something an hr. When I did cover for housekeeping during the afternoon, it helped me because I could focus on something else.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote