Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
The results:
10 Physical Touch
9 Acts of Service
5 Receiving Gifts
4 Quality Time
2 Words of Affirmation

It's inconclusive. These sorts of tests don't account for my personality type, and maybe my explanation here will illustrate the depths of my inhumanity.

A few examples:
It’s more meaningful to me when…
-someone I love gives me a little gift as a token of our love of concern for each other.
-I get to spend uninterrupted leisure time with those I love.

It’s more meaningful to me when…
-someone I love puts their arm around me in public.
-someone I love surprises me with a gift.

These things aren't meaningful to me. There was only one option where I could answer honestly, which was: "someone I love takes the time to listen to me and understand my feelings." I would like to be understood, but otherwise I don't feel any sort of deep connection.

If I do ever get a lifelong mate, I think he'd be a psychopath.

I'm understood!

I think they have their suspicions, but I don't think they realize the extent of it. I'll try being more honest about my lack of feelings with people. Actually, I'm hanging out with a friend later, and she's probably going to vent about her ex-boyfriend. It'll be an exciting experiment.
Don't worry about the Love Languages Theoretical. I can see why that's not helpful for you. I mentioned it to demonstrate how different people can feel appreciated. But it won't be meaningful to everyone and that's okay.

With regard to being honest about your lack of feelings with people in the offline world, I'm not too sure I'd recommend that. You could certainly try and let us know what happens but I have a feeling that may go badly for you.

I did read that psychopaths tend to partner with other psychopaths. That makes sense to me. Just consider how many humans, living without psychopathy, are going to respond well to a breakdown of what they feels/doesn't feel like. Just a gentle caution for you. You must of course do what feels right to you. Best wishes!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky