View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,369 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 16, 2019 at 06:28 PM

Sounds like a living hell to me. And I don't think moving to the renovated flat is going to fix everything either. I say that because I think your fiance is always going to be overly entwined with his family of origin. Maybe it's good you're seeing all this now prior to the wedding day. I believe you love this guy, but it seems like he holds all the cards. You feel powerless, which is no way to live.

Right now you have some leverage in this relationship because you can leave now more easily than you will be able to after the wedding. I know you are committed to him, but I think you need to renegotiate this relationship - now. This business of going to the new flat being put off and put off is baloney. He seems to not feel answerable to you at all. That's a bad precedent to let stand. He's training you to tolerate and suck up whatever plans he cares to make - that you have little part in making. Prepare for a lifetime of this kind of crap.

So you need to show you won't be played for a fool. Tell him you want to know exactly what's going on with the renovation of this flat. Ask for a move-in date. Then tell him that's not soon enough. Give him a sooner date. Tell him he must agree, or you will leave. Then be prepared to leave. It will be a showdown . . . a confrontation . . . but that's what is called for. He's got to make some kind of concession now, or you're going to be forever powerless in this relationship.

It may be that your fiance wants a totally compliant wife. It's not a happy way to live.

It's hard to think of fighting with someone you're in love with. It may be necessary, or your happiness may be put on the back burner from here on in.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear