Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2019 at 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty68 View Post
We got really serious, really quickly and she has pulled it back a lot since the plans were set and there is a lot of wisdom in it. She is not coming to see what little things there are to do in my city, she just wants to have a peaceful visit and see what happens. No plans, no expectations and we had made a lot before this became real, but we tossed all that.

I can get a little intense and how quickly we fell for each other scared the crap out of her and she vanished last winter for 2 weeks while she sorted things out, that nearly killed me. Literally. So, I think this is the best approach to take it, well I hope it is.

she claims to want to sleep in the same bed and I am worried I will not handle it well. What if she wants to hug or kiss or even more than that?
"she claims to want to sleep in the same bed" Maybe she was just flirting but given what has happened, I wouldn't take it literally. When someone disappears for 2 weeks, they either have issues with the self image/confidence/doubts or they are trying to "hook you" (think of the image of a woman fishing for a husband--my mother always told me to play hard to get and to expect the man to pay for everything. ) I assume the emotional connection is real and that your gut is telling you that you can trust her?

The ability and desire to have good sex is one of the things I like about being married (I know you are no where near marriage. ) so it is something you eventually have to explore; however, I have seen good men choose the wrong partner because of sexual attraction. You are old enough to know this but just wanted to remind you. Don't sell yourself short but also don't be afraid to do what feels right. I am curious about whether or not feelings online transfer IRL. I hope it all works out for you.

Also, is she as open about her feelings as you are? If you are more open than her, be careful. Do you think the give and take going on between both of you is free flowing and mutual? Does she talk about herself and her dreams in a vulnerable way? These might be signs that her attraction is sincere. Plus, I think you will feel comfortable with her (deep down inside) if she really likes you. If you start feeling uncomfortable or hurt--really evaluate that, don't ignore it.

Last edited by TunedOut; Jun 17, 2019 at 06:50 AM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, qwerty68