View Single Post
here today
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2019 at 08:33 AM

I agree with divine ^. Therapy can or may be helpful with some things but to the extent that it isn't or is counterproductive, or encourages counterproductive experiences or feelings -- how to get oneself out of that is something I have found I have to (try to) do myself. Which is very difficult if/when one doesn't feel one "belongs or has (equal) merit or has anyone in life just in general, not a "professional ", to help and "be there". Unfortunately, psychological problems can exacerbate one's alienation, or sense of, alienation from society. So it has been very important for me to try to find some ways and some places where I don't feel so alienated. Again, a catch-22 because if I am expecting or fearful of being rejected or one-down then unfortunately it often seems that is more likely to actually happen!

Fortunately, there are some people who are not so rejecting of me. This forum is certainly one such place. Finding that in the real world remains a challenge, but what are the good alternatives?
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
divine1966