View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 17, 2019 at 01:09 PM

Okay, so...... I tried.

My friend came over last night and unloaded her emotional baggage on my couch. I'm starting to get the impression that she's treating these chit-chats with me as therapy sessions, which is odd. I may start a separate thread on that, because I've got a feeling it'll be an ongoing thing.

So Amy, the friend, has been developing feelings for Ben, a co-worker of ours who's been going through a rather messy divorce. Like, his soon-to-be-ex-wife physically attacked him with a weapon "messy." Ben also has feelings for Amy, and now he wants to follow her to pursue a relationship where he's actually happy. Which is great for me, because then she'll have a source of emotional support that isn't me. Amy, on the other hand, has been in a panic over the whole thing, and has been venting to me because she doesn't know what else to do about it. Which, sure, lay it on me.

After she'd finished venting, she told me that she wished I could be as open with her as she is with me. So here's my cue, right? Time to come clean. I tried to tell her somewhat gently because she's already got a lot on her plate, and her finding out she's just confessed some of her deepest fears to a psychopath probably wouldn't go over well. So I just tell her like, "I don't really get emotions, you know?"

She nods fervently, tells me she "gets it." I'm just not a very open person, and she needs to teach me how to open up. She doesn't get it, but she won't hear otherwise, so.... Yeah.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote