View Single Post
Icedgem

Member Since Aug 2017
11 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2019 at 02:35 PM

8 years ago my best friend moved to Australia.
She's been back once since and that was about 5 years ago.

Our contact is quite sporadic and mainly wishing happy birthday or sharing some photos etc.

She sent me a message at Xmas saying she'll be back in the summer. Fab! I asked when she thought she would be thinking of travelling and for how long.. no reply. Ok.. I contacted her again about a month ago asking how her plans are going for her trip to come over, she replied saying she's booked her flight and will be here for 10 days. I responded and asked what dates; I'll try and get some time off work etc, no reply.

Aaaaaaaaanyway i just ended up putting it at the back of my mind.

She contacted me on Friday asking if I'm free on Wednesday as she's over in the UK now and her and about 3 other friends I used to know are all meeting up. I can't make it as I'm working that evening so I had to decline her request and asked how long she's here for and any other day she's free. I got no reply. So I contacted again today saying id love to meet up before she fly's back let's sort out a date. Reply back saying she's fully booked up now and the Wednesday meeting has now been changed to tonight as someone couldn't make it... No invite offer. Again I'm working so said really sorry I'm working.

I feel excluded as they've all obviously been in contact and making plans and I feel like such an after thought.

Not sure why I'm even posting this I just feel so sad
Icedgem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Goforward, hvert, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes, Taylor27, unaluna, winter4me

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky