View Single Post
Iloivar

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2019 at 02:39 PM

Yeah, suggesting she find a therapist for her issues benefits both you and her.

One thing you could try if you're in situations where the opportunity arises, is to simply confess your limited emotional capacity, among other things, so whatever is needed given the context. Essentially, describing your psychopathy or aspects of it without telling them you are one. I'd imagine many people have preconceived notions of psychopathy. Serial killer, sadistic, inherently evil, criminal, all that jazz. If they then inquire about psychopathy, i'd also confess at the moment, and try to dispel any myths should they demonstrate ignorance.

Also, how exhausting is putting on an "emotional facade"? Enough for you to make this thread I suppose? I only ask because for some self proclaimed psychopaths, they consider it exhausting mimicing emotions they minimally have or dont have at all. While others say it's almost effortless because they've done it virtually all their life. Just in case you happen to be the latter, i don't think necessarily continuing to give "inauthentic" support is a negative. Sure, you may not be genuine in how you feel about what you're saying, or how you feel helping the person, but the content of what you say can still have the same impact. Only if someone has a hunch that you're "off" emotionally is when it doesn't, and how many have you thought were able to see through your facade? Not many, im guessing?

Last edited by Iloivar; Jun 17, 2019 at 02:53 PM..
Iloivar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote