View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 17, 2019 at 02:54 PM

Agreed on all counts, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Is she the one you might move in with?
Yes. Well, it's more like I'm going to X location regardless of what anyone else does, and a couple of other people are now wanting to go to X as well for their own reasons. She pitched the idea that we should rent a place together to save money.

Nearly all of my relationships have been very one-sided, probably as a result of the huge difference in emotional depth between us. Normal people need emotional support from time to time, whereas I don't. Anyone I live with for an extended period of time will start to realize that. On the flip side, I also don't get affected much at all by other people's emotional baggage.

You're right, though, that this is excessive drama. I'd like to say that it's because of extreme circumstances, but that doesn't ring true. And even if I don't get affected by it emotionally, that doesn't mean it won't come back to bite me in the *** some other way.

I don't mind listening to her issues or offering advice where it's appropriate. But if she expects any depth of feeling or keeps trying to get me to "open up," we're gonna have some problems. How do I tell her that?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote