View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 17, 2019 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Ok, so you feel physical pain and you feel anger is that correct?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
But if she expects any depth of feeling or keeps trying to get me to "open up," we're gonna have some problems. How do I tell her that?

Good question. I'd go low-key and minimalist. If she brings it up again, you can say something simple like: "I'm good. This is just me being me. That's all."
If she pushes again... "As I said before, that's not something I need to do. I'm not going to discuss this further."
If she continues to push, she has revealed herself as someone who does not respect boundaries. I would step back at that point.

If she enjoys drama, perhaps she'll grow bored of your lack of "opening up?" How long have you known her? Think of the man she's currently drawn to....messy divorce, technically still married. Perhaps she is hoping you will "open up" to provide her with some gossip and excitement?
Yeah, I'll do that, and we'll see how well she handles boundaries.

While I do think she attracts drama, and probably even enjoys it to an extent, I'm not convinced that she likes me for the same reason. I think she likes me because I'm the counterbalance to the highly emotional junk that's going on in her life. She can vent all her emotions to me, and I'll be relatively calm and stable, regardless of what she does.

But this isn't a good thing. Suppose I weren't a psychopath and she were unloading all this onto some unsuspecting, innocent bystander who would be emotionally affected by it. Which is what she thinks she's doing, because she doesn't know that I'm not emotionally affected by it. Yet she continues to do it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote