View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 17, 2019 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Another co-worker jokingly said that so-and-so probably had a spotless apartment with everything always in perfect order, "like a psychopath." Where do people even get these ideas?

From TV shows and movies. Have you noticed how popular crime/killer shows are?
Yes. It's very amusing, and I kind of wonder what non-psychopaths think of shows like that, or why they cheer on characters like Walter White. I think you're right - they can disassociate themselves from it fairly easily because it's fantasy.

On the other hand, I'd like to conduct a study on the sorts of people who enjoy shows with villain protagonists and see how high they rate on the Dark Triad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
If she wants something more from you particularly unicorns and rainbows and mutual wailing and moping, politely decline and let her know that you already provided support by advising her staying away from the man in question. ... Sorry for sounding harsh but is this person doesn’t sound like a grown up.
Will do. I think I'm also going to talk with Ben as well. Thus far, I've only heard these things from her side. And yeah, she's immature, and more than a little manipulative, though I doubt she's doing it deliberately or coldly. All that being considered, I'm not sure how much of this story has been embellished.

And you're definitely a psychopath. You actually wash your clothes?! Who does that?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote