Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2019 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
I throw things at walls or hit stuff. It comes and goes in a flash, so I usually have to leave the situation immediately if I want to not throw things or start a fight. I'd like to be able to control it in the moment, but it happens so rarely and briefly that it's difficult for me to get any practice with it.
That is what someone emotionally overwhelmed can need, they need to vent it out and prefer to have someone that can listen without interupting them. You feel it in a flash an at least know you need to leave a situation quickly. When someone has a lot of built up confusing emotions, they try to surpress these emotions until they need to release them and often need to do so verbally. Women especially need to experience emotions so she can nurture her young and get so she can feel a child's needs before that child is able to verbalize their needs. When this woman you are talking about wants you to share her emotional experiences, you don't have to tell her you don't feel emotions, rather you can explain to her that you are set up to rationalize and problem solve as so many males do and she would best reach out to other women who can emotionalize with her in a sympathic way.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote