View Single Post
happysobercrafter
Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2019 at 05:18 PM

Thank you for responding because you are right, I wasn't understanding.

Ok, I found this:

"The Trial Work Period for SSDI

During the first nine months that you return to work, you will continue to receive your SSDI benefits, even if you work more than the amount that Social Security considers "substantial gainful activity," or "SGA." (SGA generally means that you are earning $1,220 or more per month, in 2019.) At the end of nine months of work, your trial work period is over and your benefits will stop if you are doing SGA.

You are entitled to nine trial work months during your trial work period, and a month doesn't count toward your nine months if you make less than $880 (gross) or if you work less than 80 hours per month in self-employment (irrespective of the amount earned). Your nine trial work months need not be consecutive, so there can be gaps between your trial work months that count toward your nine-month limit."

Does that mean that if I earn less than $880.00 gross per month, my disability income will remain the same amount?

On the self-employment part, what does irrespective of amount earned mean? Do you know?

Thank you, unaluna, for taking the time to make sure I understand this!

xoxoxox
HC

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007