Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2019 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
So to make matters worse Father's Day lands on my birthday. We used to spend our birthdays together since his was the 6th and mine the 16th. Just lost a cat to cancer the end of May, my partner and I broke up and my mom is still not speaking to me and I doubt I will even get a card from her for my birthday. Now my other cat is sick going into renal failure. I don't think I can take many more hits.
Trace I am sorry life is handing you lemons. It is the most difficult time from the sounds of it to find something to be grateful for. Some days I wake up and write in my gratitude journal that I am breathing and how nice that is.

Sounds like you have almost a clean slate. When that happened to me I woke up one day and realized I could reinvent myself. The past had dropped away and I saw myself in a new light.

For me worrying about myself alone felt like I was only half alive. When I started working to help others I found another part of life that made me feel whole. It may be different for everyone but I do not feel as alone except when I focus only on me. When I see how many other people are suffering I realize we are all suffering together.

Hugs to you

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Yzen